Game Fun

I thought the article on MDA was very interesting, It thought me about the iterative, quality and quantitate. And how rules , system fun are the main components for creating a game. And then establishing their design counterparts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDA

I like how it also explains the ascetics, and goes into what makes a game fun. for example games like quake would express a challenge , the sims and final fantasy, the sims express the discovery, fantasy, expression, and Narrative etc.
http://gamedevelopertips.com/mechanics-dynamics-aesthetics-game-design-theory-behind-games/

The document on hearts clubs diamonds and spades was also very interesting it talks about the inter relationship of two dimensions of playing style.
https://www.meeplemountain.com/top-six/top-6-abstract-games-games-about-nothing-and-everything/


Image result for gaming

Comments

  1. Hi Faruq !

    Great blog loved reading your thoughts on game design. I found the first link the most interesting myself i felt like it was very informative and really helped me understand games to!

    love your layout! keep up the good work

    -jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faruq
    It looks like you’re finally doing some work that’s new. The article was an interesting read and it seems like you have a good idea on what is it about. It seems like you enjoy reading these and reading through all them is hard task. You seem to know about the ascetics of games now thanks to the second reading.
    Jamie Gannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well a good day to you Faruq!

    It has been very enjoyable reading your blogs that you have created in the past as I have enjoyed your style of writing that you have presented in these blogs. I am glad that you have gotten a clear idea of the readings from this week and that I am glad that you have a clear idea of the importance of fun that goes into game development and from playing games as well. I look forward to seeing what you have to write next and I must say good job with this blog.

    Cheerio!!!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Faruq

    I only came here to tell you that I like the way and theme you choose for your blog because it looks very professional and I can see you doing this in the future.
    Anyway that is all so I will see you in your next blog

    David

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

moradeyofaruq@yahoo.com

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future Designer

Game Brainstorm